A day at the beach is usually synonymous to a day of fun and relaxation, which is why beaches are one of the top destinations for team building activities. You almost never hear anyone say, “Oh, I just got back from the beach and it was so stressful!”
Everyone feels great and understandably tired after a seaside holiday, but overall, everyone just has a good time after being at the beach. That’s because even just a few hours of sand, sun, and waves does wonders for our overall health.
If you’re still not sure where to go for your next team building, take a look at these fantastic reasons why the beach is a no-brainer choice:
It’s good for your body.
Simply walking on sand takes more effort, so the team already gets a good workout just from going around and exploring. Also, all that sun means more Vitamin D, which is good for the bones. Saltwater and sand can do wonders for the skin due to the minerals they contain, in addition to the natural exfoliation they provide.
Sun and sand clears away stress.
Exposure to sunlight is thought to increase the body’s levels of serotonin, a chemical that’s responsible for making you feel good. So, if you’ve decided to go to one of the many team building venues in Batangas with a nice beach, you’re giving your team members a chance to recharge so they, too, can come back to work with more energy and vitality.
Better sleep at the end of the day.
We already mentioned how hitting the beach can be more physically demanding. It makes sense, therefore, that you burn more calories and end up more tired after a day on the beach. After all that moving around, you’re likely to enjoy better sleep. And if you’re having an overnight team building activity and are lucky enough to sleep to the sound of sea waves, your brain is put into a trance-like state.
Plenty of fun and exciting activities to do.
Everyone grows up, but no one really outgrows the simple activities we used to do as kids on the beach, such as sand castle building. There’s a bunch of games you can do with adults too. The following are some of them:
- Longest line – Who doesn’t know this game? It’s a battle between two or more groups that try to make the longest line with whatever they have on their person.
- Beach volleyball – Let your employees unleash their athletic side with a friendly match of beach volleyball. It’s the perfect fitness activity for promoting healthy competition.
- Cocktail master – There’s rarely a team building vacation without drinks. In this game, form different teams and let them compete in mixing the best cocktail. A bartender can be hired to judge the match, or just someone in the company who has a good taste for liquor.
- Boat race – If you’re lucky enough to enjoy clear waters, hold a boat race. Have everyone wear lifejackets and let them paddle their way to victory.
- Tug of war – This activity is rarely left out in any team building event held on a beach. Just make sure the teams are evened out as much as possible when it comes to physical strength to make the game more thrilling.
Recharges the spirit.
Whether you’re religious or not, the beach is a great place to get in touch with your spiritual side. The beauty of the surroundings, coupled with the calming sound of the ocean and a cool breeze, is great for recharging the spirit. Also, you can let your employees practice a bit of meditation or yoga. There’s really no better place to feel one with the earth and find your inner balance.
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better location for team building than the beach. The best part is that when you’re in the Philippines, the choices are practically endless! So what are you waiting for? Plan your next beach team building now and tell your employees to bring their volleyball, frisbees, and beach swimming wear.